Guide to Membership Application
World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies (WFCMS) welcomes the societies and entities, and individuals of Chinese medicine around the world to join its membership so as to collectively promote the global development of Chinese medicine.
Qualifications for membership are as follows:
1. Society membership
a.any society should apply for the membership voluntarily with a promise to abide by the WFCMS’s constitution, pay the membership fee on schedule and work actively for the federation.
b.any registered Chinese Medicine societies, medical, educational and research organizations in its country.
c.any society or organization of Chinese Medicine that has a history for more than one year and with more than 30 members can be the member of the organization (If, in a county or region, none of its societies has more than 30 members, which is due to the lack of Chinese Medicine professionals, the term might be eased).
d.the society of Chinese Medicine should have its own office.
e.the society of Chinese Medicine should have a constitution which is consistent with the law and regulations of the country or region in which it is situated.
f.the society of Chinese Medicine should have its funds for conducting activities.
g.the members of any society of Chinese Medicine intending to join the federation shall meet one of the following requirements:
1) they are either registered or licensed practitioners of Chinese Medicine, pharmacists of Chinese medicine, acupuncturist, Tuina or massage physicians in their own countries (or regions).
2) they once practiced as licensed practitioners of Chinese medicine, pharmacists of Chinese medicine, acupuncturist, Tuina or massage physicians in countries (or regions) where Chinese medicine was legalized and then they have moved to the countries (or regions) where it is not.
3) they are registered doctors or pharmacists of Western medicine who have received systematic training of Chinese medicine (or acupuncture), and at present they are practicing Chinese medicine or integrated Chinese and Western medicine.
2. Individual membership
a. honorary member
The honorary title, conferred by WFCMS, is bestowed on a well-known person of international society who dedicates to Chinese medicine and makes contribution to the globalization of Chinese medicine, particularly to the development of. An honorary member is free of membership fee.
b. senior member
A senior member should an individual who has possessed a position higher than Council Member or Executive Member of Supervision Board for more than two terms. Now he or she no longer participates in the election representing the his or her society, but is still dedicated to the dissemination of Chinese Medicine and willing to contribute to the development of WFCMS.
The senior member must have practiced Chinese medicine or integrated Chinese and Western medicine for more than 30 years with outstanding success and prestige in his own country (or region), and who has made significant contribution to the development and international dissemination of Chinese medicine. Senior members should obey the Constitution of WFCMS and pay the membership fee on schedule.
c. cooperation program member
The Cooperation program member denotes an individual who has been engaged in Chinese Medicine activities or relevant public welfare activities through long term cooperation programs with the WFCMS and makes contributions for the Chinese Medicine globalization. Cooperation program members should obey the Constitution of WFCMS and pay the membership fee on schedule.
d. public-spirited member
Public-spirited member denotes an individual who due to some reasons cannot join WFCMS in the name of a society, but he or she dedicates himself or herself to public welfare and voluntarily makes contributions to the globalization of Chinese Medicine. Public-spirited members should obey the constitution of WFCMS, pay membership fee on schedule, and actively participate in the activities of WFCMS.
1. Application submission to the secretariat:
a. An applicant of society membership should include following documents
• society membership application checklist;
• cover of application form
• the resumes of chairperson, vice-chairpersons and secretary-general( including headshot photos)；
• name list of all of members ( including a headshot photo for each member)；
• a copy of registration certificate of applicant；
• an introduction to the applicant’s society (please printed with A4 papers)
• review and approval form
b. An applicant of individual membership should include following documents
• individual membership application checklist;
• a completed application form；
• a copy of your biopage of your passport;
• self-introduction essay (pleased printed with A4 papers).
2. After passing preliminary review by the secretariat, the application is voted by the executive members of council either at a meeting or through mail/email voting. Membership will be granted by a simple majority of the votes.
Department of International Liaison of WFCMS
Address: Room 312, Building A, Wealth Garden,
19 xiaoying Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
Post code: 100101